Dollar Shave Club is Hiring!
Dollar Shave Club is a rocketing men's lifestyle brand and e-commerce company on a mission to change the way men address their shaving and grooming needs. From our BS-free razor subscription, to our Shave Butter chemistry, to tomorrow’s cutting edge user experience – we’re dedicated to inventing smart products to make guys’ lives better and easier. We have an exploding member base to show for it and are backed by top tier VC funds.
We work in an open-air historical building in sunny Venice, CA – minutes from the beach. Our culture is original, creative, and cool. We offer competitive benefits and compensation to qualified candidates.
- Sr. Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics
- Brand Manager, Marketing
- Lead Software Engineer
- Social Media & Content Marketing Manager
- Product Development Manager
- Director of Design
- Associate Designer
- Member Services Associate
Send an email and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics
We’re seeking a strategic, analytical, & data driven Sr. Marketing Manager that can help further accelerate the skyrocketing subscriber growth of Dollar Shave Club. This role will be responsible for leading the charge on the brand’s offline (TV, Radio, Video) & endorser strategy, cross channel analytics, and creative optimization. It reports into the Director of Acquisition, who is responsible for all marketing efforts aimed at audience development and acquiring new members.
Offline Media Strategy & Implementation
- Develop offline-marketing strategies to drive brand awareness across TV, Radio, Podcasts, YouTube, Pre-Roll, etc.
- Recommend budget allocations based on analytics & key KPIs.
- Manage relationships of online/offline agencies and vendors
- Identify audience development opportunities and optimize media targeting accordingly
Media Attribution & Analytics
- Monitor all stages of the acquisition funnel and measure awareness via online and offline marketing efforts
- Recommend areas for improvement on creative, media, and other performance-related strategies
- Perform ad hoc analysis on performance of digital marketing channels, as well as spot attribution of offline channels
- Report & analyze cross channel attribution to develop understanding of the impact offline plays in direct response.
Communication Strategy & Optimization
- Identify learning opportunities & support consumer research team in unearthing actionable insights through qualitative and quantitative research. Leverage research & segmentation results to optimize media and communication strategies.
- Brief cross-functional creative teams to communicate acquisition campaign needs & coordinate through production & trafficking
- Partner with brand endorsers to customize & strengthen creative based on consumer & endorser insights.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in developing and managing large-scale integrated marketing plan
- Experience in managing offline media campaigns is preferred.
- Direct experience working with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Convertro
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and results-oriented but still be an excellent team player with a strong level of service
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires one to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
Brand Manager, Marketing
The launch of Dollar Shave Club disrupted the razor category, and now we’re on a mission to “own the bathroom” for men. We’re building a family of original, innovative, and compelling brands to expand our offerings across the men’s grooming category. All of our proprietary products are formulated with the highest quality ingredients and are innovatively designed to bring consumers the best, but without asking them to overpay. These brands & products are a critical foundation to the future of the company.
The Brand Manager will lead the growth and profitability of our non-razor bathroom products, and report to the Director of Subscriber Marketing. This self-starter will be responsible for the development, execution, analysis and optimization of an innovative marketing strategy. This person will be a passionate brand marketer who is highly analytical, collaborative and a creative problem solver.
Communication & Brand Strategy
- Create strategic segmentation system to more effectively target and message prime prospects
- Develop positioning, messaging and creative strategies based on consumer insights and deep knowledge of segment perceptions, habits and barriers to purchase
- Regularly collect and review consumer feedback, industry best practices and market conditions to develop actionable marketing insights
- Maintain brand identity and consistency
- Generate and champion initiatives that support the delivery of the brand promise
Go to Market Planning & Execution
- Build integrated go to market plans for new and existing products. Focus on digital & CRM marketing
- Initiate growth and profitability through innovative test and optimize marketing approach
- Partner with multi-functional departments & agencies to execute and optimize creative executions.
- Set, monitor and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual brand revenue & initiative forecasts
- Develop & maintain weekly & monthly KPI reports
- Constantly monitor and measure campaign performance for continual testing and optimization
- Evaluate marketing investments & build actionable optimizations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of B2C/ CPG brand management experience
- Proven strategic thinker with excellent analytical capabilities
- Solid planning and budgeting skills
- Digital marketing expertise
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires ability to multi-task
- Leader who can establish a clear vision and rally partners and cross-functional teams to achieve it
Lead Software Engineer
- Create, maintain, and lead the development of the company’s high-availability and scalability e-commerce platform.
- Provide overall architecture guidance. Architect and implement data models and information flow between system components.
- Design and implement the subscription-billing platform. Design, develop and maintain high-volume in-house email marketing automation platform.
- Architect, implement and manage a high-availability, secure and scalable server infrastructure.
- Develop machine learning algorithms to analyze customer satisfaction and automate common tasks for efficient customer service.
- Design and implement analytics frameworks to track key performance indicators. Develop and manage the asynchronous event messaging system.
- Monitor the performance of applications and servers and make modifications as needed.
- Organize deployment workflows to efficiently release new versions of applications.
- Mentor developers and programmers in best practices and use of new technologies and frameworks.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and triage issues involving the production system. Communicate issues and status to project stakeholders.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer and Information Systems, or a closely related field, plus one (1) year of software development/engineering, systems administration, or related experience.
Send resume to: Todd Lehr, VP-Engineering, Dollar Shave Club, Inc., 513 Boccaccio Ave., Venice, CA 90291 or fax 1(310)564-5905 or submit using the button below.join the club
Product Development Manager
Dollar Shave Club is a men’s lifestyle brand dedicated to helping men live smarter, more successful lives through high-quality personal products, content, and technology. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic leader to join our team as Product Development Manager.
As Product Development Manager, you will work with the Director of Product Development to expand DSC's product portfolio by bringing cutting-edge product concepts to life. You will work to interpret the brand’s vision in the form of high quality grooming, skin-care, and personal care products that will sustain our company growth. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a rocketing men's lifestyle brand that's quickly becoming a household name and help define what it should mean in terms of physical product.
The ideal candidate has worked in house at a major brand, manufacturer or supplier bringing multiple personal care products from concept to fruition. You are savvy at creating and managing development timelines, can drive consumer insight studies, are comfortable interfacing with R&D, have an eagle eye when it comes to proofing artwork, and are brimming with new product ideas. You are a dynamic thinker, who's equal parts creative & business-minded.
- Work directly with Director of Product Development to oversee formulation process from concept to approval to ensure new product quality, appearance and effectiveness meet DSC standards and brand image.
- Manage new product development timelines and interface with cross-functional teams to ensure all key dates/timelines are met for on-time product launches.
- Attend weekly PD meetings to report formula development status and issues relative to the timeline.
- Assist in the development and review of package copy, training materials, and ILN claim sheets.
- Generate Creative briefs for new products based on management direction.
- Develop new product concepts and validate their value through market research and dialogue with customers.
- Analyze market demographics and conditions to determine desired product mix; complete competitive analysis as needed.
- Assist with formulation testing and quality assurance process.
- Organize in-house testing to confirm new product benefits and positive results.
- Maintain accurate information for formulas and ingredient listings; ensure ingredient listings meet international requirements and standards.
- Monitor and research all new active ingredient breakthroughs across various categories; engage with top raw material supply houses and formulators.
- Educate DSC team and partners on new product uses and benefits.
- Research new product names and potential trademark conflicts.
- Manage and maintain Product Development charts, submission logs and various organization documents throughout entire development process.
- Maintain an orderly, neat, efficient standard/submission storage system.
- Perform other tasks and projects as directed by the Director of Product Development.
- B.A. / B.S. degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in cosmetic, haircare or skin care product development.
- Well organized, self-motivated and an ability to work independently and cooperatively in team settings.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works well with deadlines, under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Director of Design
Candidate will work directly with the head of product and design in broadly envisioning, exploring, and applying the visual identity of Dollar Shave Club. Comprehensively: our .com, our app, our packaging, our physical product design, and our advertising. They will need to be equally comfortable and versatile researching and conceptualizing the cross-channel identity as they are producing time sensitive production assets for web and print. They will have a junior design counterpart(s) to effect production timelines as well as a senior product lead(s) to guide interactive strategy, prototypes, and technical standards.
Design and creativity guide all aspects of the brand and our daily operation. Our scope is ambitious and our needs are comprehensive.
- Direct visual brand strategy and standards across all interactive and print channels
- Define and produce visual assets for all phases of interactive and physical product cycles
- Work with and collaborate across all internal teams including the executive, product, marketing, engineering, and member services teams
- Source and manage external service providers including agencies, contractors, and manufacturers
- Formal training in fine arts or related studies
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with color theory and typography
- Meticulous attention to detail in all phases of work
- Natural proficiency with diverse creative software
- Knowledge of and experience applying best practices for current interactive patterns
- Comprehensive experience with wireframes and prototypes
- Experience with and demonstrated strength in print
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelors or higher in fine arts or related studies
- Strength in HTML/CSS
- Strength in animation
- Experience in conceptual advertising including copywriting
Design and creativity guide all aspects of the brand and our daily operation. Our scope is ambitious and our needs are comprehensive. We are searching for exceptional designers to help define our interactive vision and develop the brand strategy across all channels: web and mobile, physical product development, packaging, and traditional print and digital advertising.
- Assist and collaborate with the product development cycle including: wireframes, prototypes, and web-ready graphics
- Assist and collaborate with the marketing development cycle including: print and email campaigns, and external advertising
- Work across all internal teams including the product, marketing and engineering teams as needed
- Work with external service providers including agencies, contractors, and printers as needed
- Meticulous attention to detail down to the pixel
- Proficiency in Adobe design suite for web and print design
- Familiarity of best practices in format and optimization for web and print
- Working knowledge of wireframes and flow diagrams
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS including the opportunities and constraints for design and interaction
- Bachelors or higher in fine arts or related studies
- 3+ years of experience
Member Services Associate
We’re looking for bright, upbeat customer service representatives to be the front-line of our brand ambassadorship. Strong relationships with our members is our lifeblood, so we only want the best.
Ideal candidates will have superb customer service and communication skills with the ability to compose emails and handle chat sessions courteously, gregariously and autonomously. We're growing at a rapid pace and need to service our awesome members around the clock, so candidates available for weekend shifts are highly encouraged to apply. The position will begin as a contract role, but could blossom into a full-time opportunity. Local applicants only please.
- Communicate directly with DSC members via email, chat, and phone, answering questions and solving issues.
- Master DSC product, pricing, and technical information to effectively communicate with existing customers and site visitors.
- Handle multiple chat and email sessions concurrently.
- High comfort level providing phone support in a courteous and upbeat manner.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with customer information.
- Courteously diffuse difficult customer situations.
- Complete non customer-facing tasks and/or projects to support Team Leads and Managers in the Member Services department.
- The ideal candidate will identify opportunities to retain customers, communicating clearly and effectively while accurately inputting consumer data into CRM system.
- Web proficiency in handling email, chat, inbound and outbound customer calls, efficiently navigating between multiple systems containing customer information.
- Must be fluent in the English language including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Experience in a Customer Service environment answering a high volume of inquiries via phone and/or email highly preferred..
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
Must Have Characteristics
- Understands the importance of customer experience and superb customer support.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a noisy, fast–paced, high-volume environment.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and dependable follow through.
- Reliable attendance and willingness to work long hours when needed.
- Eager to learn and be a team player. No divas, no egos.