Dollar Shave Club is Hiring!
Dollar Shave Club is a rocketing men's lifestyle brand and e-commerce company on a mission to change the way men address their shaving and grooming needs. From our BS-free razor subscription, to our Shave Butter chemistry, to tomorrow’s cutting edge user experience – we’re dedicated to inventing smart products to make guys’ lives better and easier. We have an exploding member base to show for it and are backed by top tier VC funds.
We work in an open-air historical building in sunny Venice, CA – minutes from the beach. Our culture is original, creative, and cool. We offer competitive benefits and compensation to qualified candidates.
Send an email and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Design
Candidate will work directly with the head of product and design in broadly envisioning, exploring, and applying the visual identity of Dollar Shave Club. Comprehensively: our .com, our app, our packaging, our physical product design, and our advertising. They will need to be equally comfortable and versatile researching and conceptualizing the cross-channel identity as they are producing time sensitive production assets for web and print. They will have a junior design counterpart(s) to effect production timelines as well as a senior product lead(s) to guide interactive strategy, prototypes, and technical standards.
Design and creativity guide all aspects of the brand and our daily operation. Our scope is ambitious and our needs are comprehensive.
- Direct visual brand strategy and standards across all interactive and print channels
- Define and produce visual assets for all phases of interactive and physical product cycles
- Work with and collaborate across all internal teams including the executive, product, marketing, engineering, and member services teams
- Source and manage external service providers including agencies, contractors, and manufacturers
- Formal training in fine arts or related studies
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with color theory and typography
- Meticulous attention to detail in all phases of work
- Natural proficiency with diverse creative software
- Knowledge of and experience applying best practices for current interactive patterns
- Comprehensive experience with wireframes and prototypes
- Experience with and demonstrated strength in print
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelors or higher in fine arts or related studies
- Strength in HTML/CSS
- Strength in animation
- Experience in conceptual advertising including copywriting
Design and creativity guide all aspects of the brand and our daily operation. Our scope is ambitious and our needs are comprehensive. We are searching for exceptional designers to help define our interactive vision and develop the brand strategy across all channels: web and mobile, physical product development, packaging, and traditional print and digital advertising.
- Assist and collaborate with the product development cycle including: wireframes, prototypes, and web-ready graphics
- Assist and collaborate with the marketing development cycle including: print and email campaigns, and external advertising
- Work across all internal teams including the product, marketing and engineering teams as needed
- Work with external service providers including agencies, contractors, and printers as needed
- Meticulous attention to detail down to the pixel
- Proficiency in Adobe design suite for web and print design
- Familiarity of best practices in format and optimization for web and print
- Working knowledge of wireframes and flow diagrams
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS including the opportunities and constraints for design and interaction
- Bachelors or higher in fine arts or related studies
- 3+ years of experience
Member Services Associate
We’re looking for bright, upbeat customer service representatives to be the front-line of our brand ambassadorship. Strong relationships with our members is our lifeblood, so we only want the best.
Ideal candidates will have superb customer service and communication skills with the ability to compose emails and handle chat sessions courteously, gregariously and autonomously. We're growing at a rapid pace and need to service our awesome members around the clock, so candidates available for weekend shifts are highly encouraged to apply. The position will begin as a contract role, but could blossom into a full-time opportunity. Local applicants only please.
- Communicate directly with DSC members via email, chat, and phone, answering questions and solving issues.
- Master DSC product, pricing, and technical information to effectively communicate with existing customers and site visitors.
- Handle multiple chat and email sessions concurrently.
- High comfort level providing phone support in a courteous and upbeat manner.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with customer information.
- Courteously diffuse difficult customer situations.
- Complete non customer-facing tasks and/or projects to support Team Leads and Managers in the Member Services department.
- The ideal candidate will identify opportunities to retain customers, communicating clearly and effectively while accurately inputting consumer data into CRM system.
- Web proficiency in handling email, chat, inbound and outbound customer calls, efficiently navigating between multiple systems containing customer information.
- Must be fluent in the English language including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Experience in a Customer Service environment answering a high volume of inquiries via phone and/or email highly preferred..
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
Must Have Characteristics
- Understands the importance of customer experience and superb customer support.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a noisy, fast–paced, high-volume environment.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and dependable follow through.
- Reliable attendance and willingness to work long hours when needed.
- Eager to learn and be a team player. No divas, no egos.