Dollar Shave Club is Hiring!
Want to join one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies on the planet? Are you brilliant and an early adopter of products, web properties, and new trends? If so, we want you at DSC! We're looking for the brightest minds to join our growing team and we want exceptional, passionate, and hard-working talent to help us do s*it that's never been done before.
DSC offers a competitive benefits and salary package to qualified candidates. Our office is located in beautiful Venice, California.
Send an email and resume to: careers[at]dollarshaveclub.com
We are looking for a smart, passionate, and dedicated individual to join the Dollar Shave Club Development Team as a front-end developer.
This person must:
- Excited by the opportunity to work in a high volume e-commerce world
- Possess strong communication skills and truly enjoy collaboration
- Be driven to succeed and see this as an opportunity, not just a job
Additionally, this person must have:
- Solid understanding of cross browser compatibility techniques and strategy
- Solid understanding of HTTP, HTML and CSS
- Understanding of CSS Pre-Processors (LESS / SASS / SCSS)
- Good eye for UX / Usability
- Knowledge of Backbone.js / Angular.js / Ember.js or equivalent front-end MVC frameworks (is not required, but definitely a bonus)
- Create responsive and cross-browser compatible applications for our growing e-commerce platform from high fidelity mockups
- Translate high fidelity Photoshop mocks-ups to robust HTML markup
- Work with backend developers to wire up the UI elements
- Develop innovative marketing applications
We're on the hunt for a visual production designer who is as eager as they are skillful. This special someone will be great at making quick updates to existing assets, as well as creating new visual design for our brand. Being equally comfortable in the range of small 30-minute changes to more creative multi-day projects is critical. You will work under the guidance of our digital product team but will be diversely tasked by the whole team. You will be effortlessly proficient with the Adobe suite and can speak the current tongue of web, e-commerce, and coolness. The Club needs you.
- Create brand-driven marketing material
- Turn around time sensitive production graphics
- Sync with DSC's brand and design standards
- Provide and manage design specifications, style guides and documentation
- Work responsibly within production timelines
- Collaborate with senior product, engineering and executive teams
- Complete proficiency with current design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- 4+ years experience working with front end developers and designers in a fast-paced environment
- Experience coordinating with third party teams and contractors
- Comprehensive understanding of design and usability best practices
- Basic front end web development skills (CSS, HTML) are a huge plus - but not required
Member Services Associate
We’re looking for bright, upbeat talent to be the front-line of our brand ambassadorship. Strong relationships with our members is our lifeblood, so we only want the best.
Ideal candidates will have superb customer service and communication skills with the ability to write emails and handle chat sessions courteously, gregariously and autonomously. You'll also help shape the future of DSC with an opportunity to get involved in key business departments. The position will begin as a contract role, but could blossom into a full-time opportunity. Strong performers will grow with us - we love developing smart, ambitious and awesome people.
- Communicate directly with DSC members, answering questions and solving issues.
- Learn and communicate product, pricing, and technical information.
- Handle multiple chat and email sessions concurrently.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with customer information.
- Courteously diffuse difficult customer situations.
- Monitor DSC social media presence and other communication media
- Coordinate with management team to help launch new website features and products.
- Advocate internally on behalf of DSC members to ensure customer needs are being met.
- The ideal candidate will be able to identify opportunities to retain customers, communicating clearly and effectively while accurately inputting consumer data into CRM system.
- Web proficiency in handling email, chat, inbound and outbound customer calls, efficiently navigating between multiple systems containing customer information.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, and make sound decisions.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
- Problem solving through critical thinking and excellent communication skills.
- Must be fluent in the English language including excellent spelling and grammar.
- Experience in a Customer Service environment answering a high volume of inquiries via phone and/or email highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
Must Have Characteristics
- Understands the importance of customer experience and superb customer support.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision in a noisy, fast–paced, high-volume environment.
- Reliable attendance and willingness to work non-business hours when needed.
- Eager to learn and be a team player.