Terms of Service
LAST UPDATED ON OCTOBER 10, 2014.
THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“AGREEMENT”) ARE A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (“YOU”, “YOUR”, OR “CUSTOMER”) AND DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB, INC. (“WE” OR “DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB”), THE OWNER AND OPERATOR OF THE WWW.DOLLARSHAVECLUB.COM WEBSITE (THE “SITE”). THIS AGREEMENT STATES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE SITE, AND YOUR PURCHASE OF THE MEMBERSHIPS AND PRODUCTS SOLD ON THIS SITE. BY ACCESSING AND USING THE SITE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU ACCEPT, AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH, THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO, AND YOU MUST NOT, ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR PURCHASE PRODUCTS FROM, OR MEMBERSHIPS TO, THE SITE.
By signing up for a Membership (as defined below), you represent, acknowledge and agree that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are under 18 years of age but are at least 13 years old, that you are using the Site with the consent of your parent or legal guardian and that you have received your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to enter into this Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian who is registering for a child, you hereby agree to bind your child to this Agreement and to fully indemnify, release and hold harmless Dollar Shave Club if your child breaches or disaffirms any term or condition of this Agreement.
1 – CHANGES TO SITE; PERSONAL INFORMATION/PRIVACY
1.1 – Changes to the site
Dollar Shave Club may add to, change or remove any part of the Site, including, without limitation, any Content (as defined below) therein, at any time without prior notice to you.
1.2 – Personal Information
Customers agree to provide accurate, current, and complete information as required for the purchase of the Products and Memberships (both as defined below in Section 3.1). Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to block further sales to Customers who provide false, inaccurate or incomplete data. Customer acknowledges that Dollar Shave Club uses a third party payment processing service to process orders and bill fees to your credit card.
1.3 – Privacy
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that Dollar Shave Club (and its third party service providers) automatically collects various types of information about your visits to our Site, registration for a Membership, and/or use our Services. In addition to the personal information provided by you in connection with your account registration, we may also collect certain additional information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and other automated devices.
We and/or our third party service providers may employ canvas fingerprinting and other browser fingerprinting techniques that extract and analyze information about your browser, operating system, and installed graphics hardware in conjunction with other user information (e.g. time-zone, language preference, etc.) to help verify your unique identity for fraud prevention purposes and help us continue to improve our Site and Services. We may also use third-party website analytics tools (such as Omniture, Google Analytics, and Facebook Insights) that collect information about visitor traffic on the Site that help us continue to improve the Site, performance and user experiences.
The types of information we may collect by such automated means include: Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser, domain name and operating system type); URLs that refer visitors to our Site; Dates and times of visits to our Sites; Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views and site navigation patterns); A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Site; Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site and the webpage that led you to the Site.
2 – PASSWORDS; USE OF SITE
2.1 – Passwords
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your passwords, and you are responsible for all activities that occur using your passwords or accounts. You agree not to share your passwords, let anyone else access your passwords or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your passwords. You agree to notify Dollar Shave Club if there is any unauthorized use of your password on this Site or if you know of any other breach of security in relation to this Site.
2.2 – Use of Site; Prohibitions
Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, Dollar Shave Club hereby grants you a limited, personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, and non-exclusive license to access the Site and use the content, information, text, images, graphics, interfaces, audio and video clips and any other materials displayed on the Site (collectively, the “Content”), solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, publicly display or perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Content except as expressly set forth in this Agreement. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices from any Content. If you breach any term of this Agreement, your authorization to use the Site and Content automatically terminates without notice to you.
You hereby represent and warrant that you will not, and will not induce any third party to: (a) attempt to disable or circumvent any security mechanisms used by the Site or Content or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Site or Content or any other systems or networks connected to the Site, or to any server of Dollar Shave Club or its third party service providers, by hacking, password “mining”, or any other illegal means; (b) use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider”, or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any comparable manual process, to access, acquire, copy, or monitor any portion of the Site or Content; (c) use any device, software or routine to interrupt or interfere with, or attempt to interrupt or interfere with, the proper operation and working of the Site or with any other person’s use of the Site; (d) track or seek to trace any information on any other person who visits the Site; (e) use the Site or Content for, or in connection with, any illegal purpose, to solicit, facilitate, encourage, condone, or induce any illegal activity, or as otherwise prohibited by this Agreement or applicable laws, rules or regulations; or (f) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of any proprietary software used to provide, maintain, or otherwise applicable to the Site or Content.
2.3 – Chat Sessions
Due to account security restrictions MSAs are not able and will not fulfill certain types of requests. If your request requires making a payment OR canceling your service, please log onto your account or email Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to make such changes. MSAs may request your account login user name, email address, or other personally identifiable information in order ensure the identity and security of the chat. MSAs are NOT supposed to ask you for your password or credit card or debit card information to confirm your account. If a MSA asks for your password or payment information, please immediately discontinue the Chat session and email Dollar Shave Club at: email@example.com
3 – TERMS OF SALE
3.1 - Sales of Products and Memberships to End Users Only
Dollar Shave Club sells shaving razors and other grooming supplies (the “Product(s)”) from the Site to end-user customers who purchase monthly memberships to receive the Products (“Membership(s)”) only for their own personal, non-commercial use. You may not purchase Products or Memberships for further distribution or resale or for any other commercial or business purpose. The Membership and all rights and privileges conferred are personal and non-transferable.
3.2 - Pricing
Pricing for Products and Memberships (including any applicable shipping and handling fees) can be found on Dollar Shave Club’s then-current pricing page located on the Site at: http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/select-blade. The price that we will charge you for the Products and Memberships will be the price as posted on the Site on the date you first sign-up for a Membership to the Site. Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to change prices for Products and Memberships at any time, and does not provide price protection or refunds in the event of promotions or price decreases.
3.3 – Refund/Cancellation Policy
If you are dissatisfied with the Product for any reason, Dollar Shave Club will refund the amount paid for your most recent month of service. Refund requests must be made directly to Dollar Shave Club at firstname.lastname@example.org. All refund requests must be made within thirty (30) days of the date of shipment by Dollar Shave Club. Dollar Shave Club is not liable for Products that are damaged or lost in transit to Dollar Shave Club. Promptly following Dollar Shave Club’s receipt of your request (typically within five (5) business days), Dollar Shave Club will credit the amount paid for the returned Product (less any shipping and handling costs/fees related to the original purchase, which are non-refundable) to the credit card you used to make the original purchase. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Dollar Shave Club does not control when a specific credit card company processes a chargeback transaction. You are responsible for contacting your credit card company if you have questions about the status of the chargeback.
Dollar Shave Club will not provide a refund for a request that is received by Dollar Shave Club more than thirty (30) days after the date of original shipment. Dollar Shave Club also does not provide a refund for returned Products that are damaged due to misuse, lack of care, mishandling, accident, abuse or other abnormal use.
3.4 – Payment Methods; Automatic Monthly Membership Renewals and Membership Cancellation Policy
Dollar Shave Club accepts credit card payments only. You agree to pay all fees charged to your account based on Dollar Shave Club’s fees, charges, and billing terms in effect as shown on the payment page when you first sign-up for a Membership to the Site. You are also responsible for paying any sales and use taxes and shipping and handling fees that may apply to your purchase of Products or Memberships based on the address that you provide as the shipping address when you register for a Membership, and you authorize Dollar Shave Club or the third party payment processing service provider that we engage to charge your credit card for any such taxes and fees. All payments shall be made by credit card in advance prior to shipping the Products. If you do not pay on time or if your credit card cannot be charged for any reason, Dollar Shave Club reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account and Membership and terminate these Terms of Service. All sales and payments will be in US Dollars.
Dollar Shave Club and Dollar Shave Club's third party payment service provider may receive updated credit card information from your credit card issuer. The disbursement of the updated credit card information is provided to Dollar Shave Club and Dollar Shave Club's third party payment service provider at the election of your credit card issuer. Neither Dollar Shave Club nor Dollar Shave Club's third party payment service provider are responsible for the distribution of your credit card information. It is at the sole election of your credit card issuer. Your credit card issuer may give you the right to opt out of the update service. It is your responsibility to contact your credit card issuer with regards to your right to opt out of the update service.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CONSUMER:
AUTOMATIC MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL FEES WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHARGED TO YOUR CARD ON FILE EACH MONTH. Dollar Shave Club will automatically renew your Membership on each monthly anniversary date of the Membership and, as authorized by you by checking the box demonstrating your consent for automatic monthly renewal of your Membership during the sign-up process, we will charge your credit card with the applicable Membership fee and any shipping and handling costs and sales or similar taxes that may be imposed on your Membership fee payments. Each Membership renewal period is for one month.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION. You may cancel your Membership at any time by logging on to your account within DollarShaveClub.com. To cancel a membership, please log in to your account on the Site and select the “membership options” link at the bottom of the page, then follow instructions towards cancellation. All cancellation requests must be received by the first day of the month. Cancellation requests received after the first of the month shall take effect the following month. If you have any problems, please email email@example.com. Dollar Shave Club requires a reasonable amount of time to process your Membership cancellation request. If you cancel your Membership, you will enjoy your Membership benefits until the end of the then-current Membership term, and your Membership benefits will expire at the end of the then-current Membership term for which you have paid. You will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the Membership fees paid for any unused days of the then-current Membership term.
3.5 – Shipping and Product Acceptance
The shipment date will be determined according to whichever date is closer to the date of the Customer’s first purchase date. Shipping dates are estimates only. All shipments are sent Priority Mail or First-Class mail via the US Postal Service. The risk of loss and title for all Products purchased via the Site pass to the Customer upon delivery of the item to the carrier.
3.6 – Pausing and Resuming Shipping
Dollar Shave Club offers its members the ability to temporarily pause their DSC Memberships (“Pause Period”). During the Pause Period, members will remain active members, but they will not receive any DSC Products.
A Membership may be placed on a Pause Period for either a one, two, or three month period. During the Pause Period, members will remain a member of DSC, continue to receive communications from DSC via email, but will not be charged any sort of maintenance or membership fee.
Members who are in a Pause Period may resume receiving DSC Products by logging into their account and Resuming shipping either immediately or on their original bill date. You may email any questions about the Pause Period to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4 – GIFT CARDS
4.1 – Purchasing and Redemption:
- You further certify and represent to DSC that the activities in connection with which the Gift Cards will be used will comply with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and that the Gift Cards will not be used in any manner that is misleading, deceptive, unfair, or otherwise harmful to consumers or DSC, including its investors, officers, employees, agents, servants, assignees, subsidiaries, or any other DSC-related entity.
- A Website account is not required in order to purchase a Gift Card. If the Gift Card is purchased for an individual other than you, the recipient of the Gift Card shall be notified via email at the email address you provide during the purchase. In the event the recipient does not have a Website account at the time of receiving the email, they will be prompted to create a Website account in order to redeem the Gift Card. A Website account is required in order to redeem a Gift Card.
- You may purchase Gift Cards for any value between $10 and $300 US dollars. The amount of the Gift Card you purchase shall be charged to you according to your selected payment option when you confirm the purchase of the Gift Card. If the purchase of a Gift Card is part of a promotional campaign wherein purchase of a Gift Card at a pre-determined dollar amount is awarded with additional Website credits (“DSC Credits”), these DSC Credits shall only be available for use after the total amount of Gift Cards has been exhausted. In all circumstances DSC Credits shall be used only after the exhaustion of Gift Cards.
- Gift Cards may only be redeemed toward the purchase of eligible products on the Website. Redemption of Gift Cards on the Website is subject to change in DSC’s sole discretion. Purchases are deducted from the Gift Card balance. Any unused balance will be placed in the recipient's Dollar Shave Club account (“DSC Credits Balance Display”) when redeemed. If an order exceeds the amount of the Gift Card, the balance must be paid with a credit card or other payment method accepted by DSC.
- You may be able to obtain your gift card balance by contacting DSC customer service at email@example.com. The Gift Card balance relayed to you by a DSC customer service agent is an estimate only. In most cases, the balance is adjusted immediately when you make a purchase online, but there may be occasions when the updated balance is delayed for a period of time.
- Gift Cards never expire.
4.2 – Use and Limitations:
- Gift Cards may only be purchased and redeemed by persons residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and may only be used on the Website (www.dollarshaveclub.com). Gift Cards may not be purchased through or redeemed for the purchase of products at dollarshaveclub.ca or dollarshaveclub.au or any other website operated by DSC, its affiliates, or any other person or entity, except as indicated by these terms and conditions.
- Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other gift cards.
- Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash, or applied to any other account, except to the extent required by law. Unused Gift Card balances in a Website account may not be transferred.
- Gift Cards are not returnable or refundable for cash except in states where required by law.
- Gift Cards may not be sold or bartered to third parties.
- Gift Cards may be used as personal or business gifts, but may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising, or other promotional activities (including without limitation via websites, Internet advertisements, email, telemarketing, direct mail, newspaper and magazine advertisements, and radio and television broadcasts) unless you obtain DSC's prior written approval.
- Use of DSC's name, logo, trade dress (including any image/likeness of the Gift Cards) or trademarks (or those of any of its subsidiaries or affiliates) in connection with the purchase or use of DSC Gift Cards is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, the use of DSC Gift Cards in any manner that states or implies that any person, website, business, product, or service is endorsed or sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with, DSC or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates is prohibited.
4.3 – Risk of Loss:
- If your Gift Card is lost or stolen, immediately contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Gift Card will be cancelled and after an internal investigation, we will issue a new Gift Card with the remaining balance, if any. Lost or stolen Gift Cards cannot be replaced without the original confirmation email sent to the email account provided to DSC. DSC and its affiliates shall have no liability to you for:
- lost or stolen Gift Cards; or
- use of any Gift Cards by third parties through your Website account. You are solely responsible for keeping the username and password for your Website account safe and for any activity conducted under your account.
- Notwithstanding the above, the risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the purchaser, recipient, or delivery to the carrier, whichever is first and/or applicable. We are not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed, or used without your permission.
4.4 – Fraud:
DSC shall have the right to close member accounts or any related account(s) if DSC suspects a Gift Card is being used in a fraudulent manner to make purchases on the Website. If a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on the Website or any of its affiliated websites set forth above DSC shall immediately suspend the Gift Card and may recoup the amount of the Gift Card by charging the amount from the Credit or Debit Card supplied. DSC may also cancel or remove any and all DSC Credits on the member accounts and/or any related account(s). DSC has a zero-tolerance Fraud policy and it is the responsibility of the account holder to secure their account and Gift Card.
4.5 – Limitation of Liability:
DSC AND THEIR AFFILIATES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CARD CODE IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, UNLESS SUCH NON-FUNCTIONALITY IS DUE TO THE GIFT CARD BEING FULLY REDEEMED, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, SHALL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD CODE. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
4.6 – Indemnification:
You agree to defend, release, indemnify and hold harmless DSC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, its investors, officers, employees, agents, servants, assignees, and/or any other DSC-related entity from and against any claims, expenses, or liabilities made against or incurred by any of them in connection with your use of the Gift Cards or your violation of any of these Terms and Conditions.
4.7 – Governing Law:
When you purchase, receive, or redeem a Gift Card, you agree that the laws of the State of California shall govern these Terms and Conditions, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law rule (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California.
4.8 – Disputes:
Any dispute relating in any way to Gift Cards in which the aggregate total claim for relief sought on behalf of one or more parties exceeds $7,500 shall be filed in, and only filed in, the United States District Court for the Central District of California or, for matters not susceptible of adjudication in the federal courts, the courts of the State of California located in Los Angeles County, and you expressly consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. This choice of forum clause will be enforceable regardless of the choice of law provisions of any other state.The parties specifically waive the right to a jury trial in connection with any dispute arising out of this Agreement, or between or among the parties for any reason.
4.9 – Issuer:
Gift Cards are issued by Dollar Shave Club, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
4.10 – Amendments:
DSC reserves the right to change or modify these Terms and Conditions (“Modified Terms”) from time to time in its sole discretion. Such Modified Terms shall be posted on the Website and shall be binding on all purchases of Gift Card that occur after the Modified Terms take effect. All terms and conditions contained in these Terms and Conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
5 – REFERRALS
These are the Terms and Conditions applicable to the Dollar Shave Club Referral Program (the “Program”). Under the Program, Dollar Shave Club ("we", "DSC" or "Company") offers its Members the opportunity to provide their friends, family, or other individuals (“Prospective Member”) with a unique referral ID link (“Personal Link”) that a Prospective Member can use to sign up for Dollar Shave Club services (“Membership”). For each Qualified Referral (defined below) generated through the Member’s Personal Link, the Member may receive a Dollar Shave Club credit (“Credit”) as specified on the Company’s Referral Program page. We reserve the right to terminate this Program at any time for any reason.
Members and Prospective Members that wish to take part in the Program are bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree and abide by these Terms and Conditions in their entirety you are not authorized to participate in the Program. Members and Prospective Members may not participate in the Program where doing so would be prohibited by any applicable law or regulations. We reserve the right to modify or amend at any time these Terms and Conditions and the methods through which any Credits may be earned. We reserve the right to disqualify any Member or Prospective Member at any time from participation in the Program.
Children: No part of the Program is directed to persons under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
5.1 – PRIVACY
5.2 – HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:a. Program Participation
Generally: To participate, a Member shall provide the Prospective Member with the Member’s Personal Link. The Prospective Member must click on the Personal Link and complete the sign up in the same session. If the Prospective Member does not complete the sign up in the same session, the Member will be not be credited for that referral and will not be eligible for the Credit, even if the Prospective Member subsequently signs up for a Membership. For purposes of clarification, completion of sign-up in the same session means clicking the Personal Link provided by Member and completing DSC service sign-up within a reasonable period of time and without the Prospective Member closing their Internet browser or pressing the back button.b. Eligible Member
To be eligible for Program and to receive Credits, a Member must:
- Be a legal resident of the United States;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have provided the Prospective Customer with their correct unique Personal Link; and
- Have a Membership account in good standing with DSC.
- Employees of the Company, its service providers or any of its or their subsidiaries, affiliates or promotional agencies, including immediate family and household members, are not eligible.
Company offers Members the opportunity to create their own personalized referral name ("Personalized Referral Link"). These Personalized Referral Links may be of any length and include any combination of words and/or numbers of the Member's choosing. Personalized Referral Links shall be on a first come, first served basis. You can check Your Personalized Referral Link by going to www.dollarshaveclub.com/invite. Company is in no way responsible for confirming or ensuring that the Personalized Referral Link is accurate or correctly formatted or spelled. Under no circumstances may a Member transfer or sell a Personalized Referral Link to another Member. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right to revoke, ban, or amend any Personalized Referral Link at any time and for any reason. Any or all Credits earned through a revoked, banned, or amended Personalized Referral Link may be removed from Member’s account by Company. For purposes of clarification, but in no way limiting the Company's rights to revoke, ban, or amend any Personalized Referral Link, the following Personalized Referral Links are explicitly banned and may be grounds for suspension of Membership and removal of any Credits earned:
- Personalized Referral Links that imply a discount or savings on Membership (e.g. 5DollarsOff, 5buxOff, FreeBlades, 5Off, etc.);
- Personalized Referral Links that Company deems to be obscene, racist, sexist, or offensive in its sole discretion;
- Personalized Referral Links that use a trademark, copyright, or the name of another individual.
- Personalized Referral Links that are promoted, advertised, or publicized on any Company owned or operated websites, third party websites, social networks, and any other similarly situated Internet site, property, location, or asset where Company is an Administrator or Trustee. By way of example, this includes but is not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Company Blog, or any other similarly situated websites.
- Members can refer Prospective Members by giving their Personal Link to the Prospective Member. Once a Prospective Member uses a Member’s Personal Link and successfully completes the signup process for the DSC services, the Member may receive a communication from the Company confirming that the Prospective Member has signed up. The confirmation communication to the Member shall include some of the Prospective Member’s personal information provided to Company such as name and email address. A Member’s failure to receive such a confirmation communication means that the Prospective Member failed to complete the signup process (during the same session, or at all) and no Credit will have been earned. The Member and/or the Prospective Member may email Company any comments or questions in regard to a failed referral, but whether to award Member the Credit shall be at Company’s sole discretion. Prospective Members must satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions and consent to receiving communications from DSC. Members may not refer themselves.
- For purposes of emphasis and clarification, by using a Personal Link, a Prospective Member acknowledges and affirms his/her understanding that some of his/her personal information, including but not limited to his/her name and email address, may be sent to the Member who provided the Personal Link as confirmation of the Prospective Member’s successful referral and sign-up with DSC. Accordingly, DSC strongly advises that Prospective Members only use a Personal Link they receive from someone whom they personally know and trust. For their own security, Prospective Members should not use a Personal Link if they receive it from an unknown, untrusted, or public source, such as an Internet forum.
A Qualified Referral means that all the following conditions are met:
- The Prospective Member completed the registration process for a Membership using the Member’s Personal Link. If a Prospective Member registers for a Membership using any other link or method, the registration will not count as a Qualified Referral and the Member will not be rewarded a Credit;
- The Prospective Member was not previously registered with the Service under any other email address or alias; and
- The Prospective Member is a) at least 18 years old; b) meets the eligibility requirements to become a Member of DSC’s services; and c) has consented to receiving communications from DSC.
Member shall receive five (5) Credits for each verified Qualified Referral generated through the Member’s Personal Link. The actual Credit will be determined by DSC in its sole discretion as specified on its Credits Page. If the Credit consists of credit, such credit may only be applied in the amount specified by DSC towards the Member’s purchase of future services from DSC. A Member may attain an unlimited number of Qualified Referrals, but any Qualified Referral shall be subject to review at any time by DSC and it is in the sole discretion of DSC as to the legitimacy and validity of such Qualified Referral.g. Verified Qualified Referrals
All Credits are subject to verification. The Company may delay a Credit for the purposes of investigation. Company may also refuse to verify and process any transaction Company deems, in its sole discretion, to be fraudulent, suspicious, or in violation of these Terms and Conditions, or Company believes will impose potential liability on Company beyond what is reasonable for this Referral Program, its subsidiaries, affiliates or any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents. Company may cancel, amend or revoke the Credit at any time due to business considerations of circumstances beyond Company’s control. Company is not responsible for errors, omissions, malfunctions, interruptions, deletions, delays or failures of operations. All of the Company's decisions are final and binding, including decisions as to whether a Qualified Referral or Credit is verified.h. Value of Credit
Credits have absolutely no monetary value and may not, under any circumstances, be redeemed for cash or any cash equivalent including but not limited to gift cards, certificates, or refunds. Company may cancel, amend or revoke the Credit at any time for any reason.i. Transfer of Credits
Credits are personal to the Member and are not transferable and may not be auctioned, traded, bartered or sold, whether by operation of law or otherwise. Upon termination of the Program or any portion thereof for any reason, or upon cancellation of a Member’s account for any reason, any unredeemed Credits (including without limitation any unapplied credits) accumulated by the Member are forfeited.
5.3 – LIABILITY:
By participating in the Program, both Members and Prospective Members agree:
b. To Defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Company, its service providers and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, together with their respective employees, directors, officers, licensees, licensors, shareholders, attorneys and agents including, without limitation, their respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, operation or administration of the Program (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses caused by, arising out of, in connection with, or related to their participation in the Program (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s) and/or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of the Program or any Credit); andc. To Receive communications from Company from time to time. d. That Company shall not be liable for:
- i.Late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, inaccurate, unreliable, garbled or unintelligible registrations, links, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission;
- ii.Data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of account information or other materials;
- iii.Any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a Credit, or from participation in the Program, that were not reasonably foreseeable to the Company at the relevant time;
- iv.Any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any websites or materials associated with the Program; or
- v.Claims, demands, and damages in disputes among users of the Program.
5.4 – DISCLAIMERS:
a. The Company disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Program, and reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Program should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond the Company's control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Program.
b. The Company shall not be liable to any Member for failure to supply any Credit or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, tornado, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond any of the Released Parties' control.
c. The Company reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Program should it determine, in its sole discretion, that the administration, security or fairness of the Program has been compromised in any way.
d. Disclaimer of Warranties:
- MEMBERS AND PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMISES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROMISES AS TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM, IMPLIED PROMISES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT; (B) THE COMPANY MAKES AND GIVES NO PROMISE THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE PROGRAM WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (C) ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE PROGRAM IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
5.5 – LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION:
a. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE COMPANY, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAM, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE COMPANY WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH, FROM, OR AS A RESULT OF THE PROGRAM; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OR THROUGH THE PROGRAM; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PROGRAM. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN PROMISES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS IN THIS PARAGRAPH MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
b. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THE COMPANY'S, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100 (ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS).
c. IN NO EVENT DOES THE COMPANY EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ITS LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR ANY OTHER LIABILITY THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF WHICH IS NOT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5.6 – CONDUCT:a. Prohibited Conduct, Generally.
Members agree not to use the Program to:
- Violate applicable law;
- Stalk, harass, or harm another individual;
- Collect or store personal data about other Members;
- Impersonate any person or otherwise misrepresent Member's identity;
- Interfere with, disrupt or violate the Terms and Conditions or servers or networks connected to the Program; or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of such networks;
- Interfere with another Member's use of the Program;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Program, other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Program;
- Transmit any file that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or any other contaminating or destructive features;
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other activity that infringes the rights of others;
- Resell, barter, trade, auction or otherwise generate income by providing access to the Program to others;
- Submit personal information relating to third parties to the Program without the consent of those third parties.
- If a Member provides a Personal Link to a Prospective Member by email, the email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By using a Member’s Personal Link, the Prospective Member represents that he/she has given consent to Company to send Member his/her personal information such as full name and email address.
- Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Personal Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or "spam" in the Company's sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate termination of the Member’s account and deactivation of the Personal Link. We have a zero-tolerance spam policy.
- The Company has no obligation to monitor the content provided by Members; however, the Company may choose to do so and block any email messages, remove any such content, or prohibit any use of the Program.
- The Company may prohibit a Member from participating in the Program or receiving a Credit, in their sole discretion, if they determine such Member, either directly or indirectly is attempting to undermine the fairness, integrity or legitimate operation of the Program in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices that would in any way annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other users or representatives of the Company.
- Use of any automated system, script, or macro to participate in the Program or generate Qualified Referrals is strictly prohibited and will result in the responsible Member’s disqualification from the Program.
- Members may not enter with multiple or fake email addresses or accounts, use fictitious identities or use any system, bot or other device or artifice to participate in the Program or receive a Credit.
- The Company reserves the right to disqualify any Member and/or cancel any Credit(s) if they determine a Member has tampered with the operation of the Program or violated these Terms and Conditions.
The Company reserves the right to suspend, disqualify or terminate any Member’s or Prospective Member’s participation in the Program and forfeit any Credits or credits earned if the Member or Prospective Member is found to have engaged in any prohibited conduct or otherwise violated the provisions of this Section 5. If Members have engaged in prohibited conduct, spam or fraudulent or suspicious behavior that undermines or affects the integrity or credibility of the Program, and the Company is unable to find a solution to restore the integrity and credibility of the Program, then the Company may in its sole discretion cancel, change or suspect the Program.
CAUTION: ANY DELIBERATE ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM MAY CONSTITUTE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM FURTHER PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM. THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION, IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH ATTEMPT.
5.7 – APPLICABLE LAW:
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Program or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law rule (whether of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California. Members and Prospective Members expressly consent and agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the United States District Court for the Central District of California or, for matters not susceptible of adjudication in the federal courts, the courts of the State of California located in Los Angeles County, in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Services. The parties specifically waive the right to a jury trial in connection with any dispute arising out of this Agreement, or between or among the parties for any reason.
5.8 – GENERAL TERMS:
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between Members and the Company concerning Members' use of the Program. The failure of the Company to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. A person who is not a party to these Terms shall have no right to enforce or receive the benefit of any of these Terms. The terms and conditions applicable to Members' use of the Service can be found at www.dollarshaveclub.com/terms-conditions.
6 – PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Dollar Shave Club or its licensors own all legal right, title and interest in and to the Site and Content, including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property and other proprietary rights which subsist in the Site and Content, whether such rights are registered or unregistered, and wherever in the world those rights may exist.
Dollar Shave Club is a trademark of Dollar Shave Club in the United States. Other trademarks, names and logos on this Site are the property of their respective owners. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all information and screens appearing on this Site, including Content, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Dollar Shave Club, Copyright Â© 2012 Dollar Shave Club, Inc. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license.
7 – PRODUCT/IDEA SUBMISSIONS
Dollar Shave Club and its personnel do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including, without limitation, ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies, product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works (“Submissions”) in any form to Dollar Shave Club or any of its employees. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when any of Dollar Shave Club’s products, services or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Dollar Shave Club. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of what your correspondence says, the following terms shall apply to your Submissions.
You agree that:
- i.Any Submission (including its complete contents) by you to Dollar Shave Club will automatically become the property of Dollar Shave Club, without any compensation to you;
- i.Dollar Shave Club may use or redistribute any Submission and its contents for any purpose and in any way, without any compensation to you;
- i.Dollar Shave Club has no obligation to review any Submission; and
- i.Dollar Shave Club has no obligation to keep any Submission confidential, and no confidential relationship may be established by or inferred from any such Submissions to, or the consideration of your Submissions by, Dollar Shave Club.
8 – THIRD PARTY SITES; INDEMNIFICATION
8.1 – Third Party Web Sites
8.2 – Indemnification
You hereby agree to defend, release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Dollar Shave Club Parties (as defined in Section below) from and against, any and all losses, liabilities, damages, and/or claims (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from your breach of this Agreement, or otherwise arising from your use or misuse of the Site, Content or Products.
9 – DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND MEMBERSHIPS ARE FURNISHED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, OF ANY KIND. DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTIES”): (A)EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B)DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIPS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED, STABLE, OR SECURE; (C)DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIPS WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; AND (D)DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT OR PRODUCTS IN TERMS OF THEIR ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, OR OTHERWISE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIPS IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND MEMBERSHIPS.
THIS LIMITATION OF REMEDIES IS A PART OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB OR ANY PERSON ON BEHALF OF DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR IN ANY WAY CHANGE THIS EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY.
NOTHING IN THIS SECTION 9 SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT THE DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTIES’ WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS TO THE EXTENT THEY MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN WHICH CASE, SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS WILL BE EXCLUDED AND LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
10 – LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTY BE LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF VALUE OF THE PRODUCTS OR LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR STRICT LIABILITY), EVEN IF A DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, A DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTY IS FOUND TO BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS WHICH ARISES UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIPS, THE RELEVANT DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTY’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU PAID DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB FOR THE PRODUCTS OR MEMBERSHIP, AS APPLICABLE; AND (B) THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS (US$100).
NOTHING IN THIS SECTION 10 SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT ANY DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTY’S LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN WHICH CASE, SUCH DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB PARTY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11 – DISPUTE AND ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER; CHOICE OF LAW
11.1 – Dispute and Arbitration; Class Action Waiver
Please read this carefully. It affects your rights.
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to a customer’s satisfaction by writing to our customer service department at email@example.com or Dollar Shave Club, Attn: Customer Service, Box 5481, Santa Monica, California 90409. In the unlikely event that our customer service department is unable to resolve a complaint you may have to your satisfaction (or if we have not been able to resolve a dispute we have with you after attempting to do so informally), we each agree to resolve those disputes ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT (OTHER THAN THOSE RELATED TO DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB’S ENFORCEMENT AND PROTECTION OF ITS NAME AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS) through binding arbitration or small claims court instead of in courts of general jurisdiction. This includes any claims against other parties relating to services or products provided or billed to you (such as our licensors, suppliers, dealers or third party vendors) whenever you also assert claims against us in the same proceeding.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. The arbitrator must follow this Agreement and can award the same damages and relief that a court can award.
We each also agree that this Agreement affects interstate commerce so that the Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply (despite the choice of law provision in Section 11.2 below). ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. Neither you nor Dollar Shave Club has the right to act as a class representative or participate as a member of a class of claimants with respect to any claim.
All disputes relating in any way, directly or indirectly, to Dollar Shave Club for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, negligence, personal injury, intentional torts or other tort will be arbitrated according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Los Angeles, California, including any dispute about the scope of this arbitration agreement, and including all questions about the types of disputes that are subject to this arbitration agreement, all of which you agree will be decided by the arbitrators, whose decision will be final and binding on you. Any issue concerning the extent to which a dispute is subject to arbitration, or concerning the applicability, interpretation or enforceability of this Agreement, including any contention that all or part of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and resolved by the arbitrators. You acknowledge and agree that, in any arbitration proceeding, no depositions will be taken, and all other forms of discovery of facts will be limited to those things that the arbitrators determine, in their sole discretion, to be necessary. Further, in any arbitration proceeding, (i)there shall be no award of punitive, exemplary, incidental or consequential or other special damages, (ii)all damages claims and awards will be governed by the provisions of the California Civil Code, and (iii)the parties will conduct the arbitration confidentially and expeditiously and will pay their own costs and expenses of arbitration, including their own attorneys’ fees. If you are unable to afford the AAA fee, you agree to notify all persons against whom you have an arbitrable claim and give such persons the opportunity individually and as a group to pay such fee. The proceeding and the decision shall be kept confidential by the parties.
11.2 – Choice of Law
This Agreement is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act, applicable federal law, and the laws of the state of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules. Foreign laws do not apply. Arbitration or court proceedings must be in Los Angeles County, California. If any provision of the Agreement is invalid under the law of a particular jurisdiction, that provision will not apply in that jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded from this Agreement.
12 – ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS; GENERAL TERMS
12.1 – Electronic Communications
Whenever you visit our Site or send emails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. For that reason, you also consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by email (if you have provided your email address to us), by posting notices on our Site or by such other means as we may determine from time-to-time. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
12.2 – General Terms